This Page

has been moved to new address

Blondie. FAIL.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
This Silly Girl's Life: Blondie. FAIL.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blondie. FAIL.

     I like experimenting with new recipes a lot. But nothing discourages me more than when I think I know what I'm doing and something comes out like, well...poop. That's what happened yesterday when I was trying to make a surprise treat for Jeremy and everything didn't come together perfectly like I thought it would. I had seen these Blondie Brownies that I've been wanting to try out because Jeremy can't eat chocolate so I thought this would be the next best thing. Here's what I'm talking about:

     Of course I didn't put any chocolate chips in and I left out the nuts as well. Well, the first thing that messed me up was I didn't have the right sized pan so I didn't know exactly how long it would take to cook. And me being the genius I thought I was figured since I had to press this out into a thin layer to fit my pan it wouldn't take as long to cook so I checked it after 10 minutes...it actually already looked almost done to me and I almost took it out and left it at that. But, I figured give it two more minutes, so I waited...and I was so sure this would be perfect. So I let them cool on the counter and cut into it and was completely done on the top and raw on the bottom. I knew something was wrong because it was all sunken in. So, I put it back in the oven for 5 more min and hoped for the best, but I knew it wouldn't do anything really because I had let it cool completely. Took it out again and was actually better so I thought I had done it! Then I tasted it. Blah! The recipe calls for butter.... and all I had was salted butter, the recipe did not specify so I thought I was fine. The recipe also called for salt...you know where I'm going with this. These tasted like salty caramel bars or something. Which, might actually appeal to some but not me. And, it was still not set up like I wanted so, all in all, EPIC FAIL.
     I also mentioned in another post about the bread I tried and came out only decent. But I also have one recipe of my grandmother's that I try over and over because it is my favorite thing she cooks for me, her Chicken and Dumplings. Every time I make it with her it's soo easy then when I get to making it by myself its like I have a brain fart and it comes out disgusting every time. And it's always with the dumpling part! The stock I make is always kick-a and I guess that's what disappoints me the most, I have to throw it all away. I even tried it AGAIN a few weeks ago and yuck! Some things just really erk me.
     Is there anything you have tried in the past that you thought you'd excel in only to be highly disappointed? Let me know about it in the comments so I don't feel so bad anymore, haha! I'm just kidding but if you do want to share your story I'm all ears! Until next time, adios!

--Dana


6 Comments:

At September 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM , Anonymous Sofie said...

Ah, that's happened to me so many times, and you are right, it's definitely more frustrating when it's a recipe you are usually good at. An example for me is rice pudding - I am usually really good at making it, but when I tried to make it for my little brother as a "special" treat (I tried twice), it came out HORRIBLE. Now I am afraid to even try!

 
At September 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life said...

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I just assume everything will come out fantastic. *Sigh!* Rice pudding sure does sound good right about now though...hehehe

 
At September 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, that stinks. I've done the too much salt thing, too. I made scones with salted butter and cut back the salt in the recipe, but I still thought they were too salty. Maybe I should stock up on unsalted butter for the freezer :)

 
At September 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM , Anonymous Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life said...

I made it a point to buy unsalted butter on this week's trip to the store. Just in case I got the itch to bake something!

 
At September 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

There are too many for me to count but I have done many things to ruin the recipe by accident... but the most recent is not checking to see if the crockpot was on and after leaving for the day came home to spoiled meat... oh well... we live and learn... I guess that's what helps us all great article!

 
At September 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Anonymous Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life said...

LOL, awww. I've failed with the crock pot a few times...mostly not putting enough liquid in and thinking I'll have this fantastic meal to come home to and bleh! Thanks for checking my lil blog out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home