This Page

has been moved to new address

Pet Sematary by Stephen King

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
This Silly Girl's Life: Pet Sematary by Stephen King

Friday, August 31, 2012

Pet Sematary by Stephen King

     *Shudders* Hello all... today I bring to you my thoughts about the Stephen King novel Pet Sematary. And I have to say that I am still pretty freaked out having to be alone in the house while Jeremy is away working. It's not that I actually believe in the stuff that happens in the book...just the thought that if it COULD happen scares the bageezus outta me.
Got this image HERE


     Now, I've read a Stephen King novel or two in my 27 years...Christine, Misery, The Shining to name a few (or all of them)...and I think this one is probably the scariest to me. Or maybe it is because I just finished it and it was right before bed and, and I get nightmares, guys. Yea, probably NOT a good idea to read a book like this before bed, but that is what I did every night, silly little me.
     BUT, it was freakin' amaze balls. I loved it. I have to admit, it was pretty predictable but I got over that fast with the way Mr. King writes his scary stories. It wasn't very scary for about 3/4th's of it,  just pretty grotesque and disturbing but hold on for that ending!
     Overall the novel is about the main character, Louis Creed moving his family to a house in Ludlow, Maine when he accepted a job at the University as their lead doctor. He makes friends fast with the old neighbor across the street, Jud and begins a ritual of spending time at his new neighbor's house every night just talking about whatever comes to mind. That's when Jud let's him know about Ludlow's dirtiest secret. The Pet Sematary. The cemetary isn't as innocent as it seems at first and Louis finds that out fast when Jud decides to take the family, Louis, his wife and two small children on a little hike in the woods behind their new home. Welp, that's as much as I'm gonna tell ya without giving anything away. If you like scary stories that might seem a little out of the ordinary then go pick up this beauty!

--Dana

P.S. Look's like they made a movie too, gonna have to check it out! 
Got this image HERE
P.S.S. DO NOT google images for "Pet Semetary" whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home