This Page

has been moved to new address

Last Night's Dinner: Chicken Parmesan Pizza

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
This Silly Girl's Life: Last Night's Dinner: Chicken Parmesan Pizza

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Last Night's Dinner: Chicken Parmesan Pizza

     Already salivating, are we? It's ok, no need to be ashamed. This ranks top 3 pizza's I've ever eaten. Just before it comes Uno's deep dish Chicago style pizza. THE original deep dish pizza. With Italian sausage (patty, of course). Don't know what I'm talking bout? Google it. NOW. (And no I'm not talkin' bout that chain.) THIS place:
Heaven.

Sorry, I get a lil crazy when it comes to anything Chicago, especially the food! Ey used guys! Da bearssss! Also in my top three would be my dad's homemade deep dish. Amaze balls. But, you have come here to see my recipe for Chicken Parmesan Pizza and I shall deliver. I do apologize in advance for once again crap-tastic pictures, ran out of batteries in the camera, they're on this weeks shopping list I promise!!
     What you need:

1 tsp             garlic powder
1/2 tsp          paprika
salt and pepper to taste
3-4 Tbls       flour
1 ea             egg
1 1/2 Cup    panko bread crumbs
1/4 Cup       veggie oil

     So, what I do first is get the chicken ready. This time I used one breast and one thigh. Both de-boned and skinless. Cut the breast into three strips. Place chicken in a bag add the garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and flour. Shake until everything is coated. Now, you need to get a breading station assembled. Beat egg in bowl with 1 Tbls water. Set aside. Place the bread crumbs in dish and add additional:

1 tsp           garlic powder
2 tsp           dried oregano
1/8 Cup      parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients with the bread crumbs. Take chicken pieces out one by one, coat in the egg mixture then place in the bread crumbs and make sure evenly coated.

When chicken is ready heat pan over medium heat and add the oil. When oil is ready place chicken pieces in pan and cook through. Do not crowd the pan. If you need to fry in batches that is fine.

When chicken is ready take out of pan and let drain of excess fat. For the crust, I used the Pillsbury pizza crust in thin. Cook the crust per the instructions for the par-bake. While crust is cooking slice the chicken. You will need about 1 1/2- 2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce. I had some left over in the freezer from making my Stuffed Shells, so I used that. Gather all ingredients.

I went through the whole 8 oz bag of mozzarella and 4 slices of provolone. Make sure to have some more dried oregano handy. Then when the crust is ready, take it out and start assembling.
1st layer sauce. 2nd layer 3/4 of the cheese.

3rd layer chicken. 4th layer more sauce on top of chicken (hey, it's gotta look like chicken parm!)
5th layer the remaining mozzarella. 6th layer strips of provolone over the chicken. Finally, I sprinkled dried oregano and a touch of garlic powder over the whole thing.
Next, pop it back in the oven per the directions on the crust package. When done, take it out, I like to transfer it to a clean cutting board. Cut into squares with a knife or pizza cutter.

Ugh, the pic is horrible but it is really amazingly delicious! I served it with a salad on the side. It was enough that we will have the rest for leftovers tonight! Please try it and tell me how it went!

--Dana


1 Comments:

At September 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Curts Delectable Creations said...

This is a brilliant idea and Chicken Parm is my favorite cant wait to try this out on the family! NICE ONE!!! THANKS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home