This Page

has been moved to new address

A Pin that actually works!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
This Silly Girl's Life: A Pin that actually works!

Friday, September 7, 2012

A Pin that actually works!

     Yes, you read that title right! "I tried this pin and I liked iiit!" Katy Perry...anyone? anyone? Moving on... I love Pinterest. I have a mild addiction. I have tried a few pins now and most of them didn't come out very well. One of the first pins I pinned and tried were these zucchini cakes:


Original Link for recipe
     They DO look amazing, don't they? Apparently, others thought so as well and I've gotten this pin re-pinned almost 900 times! Well, I tried 'em and they were just kinda....meh. Nothing special. Hey, maybe it's just me and I read the recipe wrong. Could happen! I am notorious for doing such things. Blondie Fail member dat? I also tried that fruit fly trap thingy with the vinegar and dish soap, again I caught no flies! And, it doesn't look like I'm alone on that one. (I DID use white vinegar and not apple cider, eh?)
     BUT, at last I did try the re-grow green onion pin...and it works, yay! There are a lot of pins about this but I chose this one cause I liked the pic the best:
So, all you do it just place your green onion bottoms into a jar and add water enough to cover the root. I change the water out every couple of days cause it starts to get cloudy and mucky looking. But, I have done this for about a month now and it just grows and grows and grows! I snip off a little bit when needed and it will just grow back! It's awesome! Seems like these will grow indefinitely and I will never have to buy them again, score! Here's what mine looks like:
I know, mines all fancy and stuffs
Yes, some of the plant will shrivel and brown, but just tear those pieces off and more sprouts will come through. I love it, yay! Hope you try this money saver, tell me how it goes!

--Dana

2 Comments:

At September 7, 2012 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

Too funny love Katy! My favorite is In another life! Well these are perfection here my dear! you aced this one!

 
At September 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Curts Delectable Creations said...

Wow those are rockin Zucchini cakes WOW~!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home