This Page

has been moved to new address

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
This Silly Girl's Life: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Sunday, August 19, 2012

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

     Hi everyone! As I stated in my first post one of my top interests is reading. Just recently I have finished the classic book One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey.
I purchased the book at Books A Million here in Jacksonville, FL. I really enjoy going to Books A Million because they always seem to have a large selection of discount books. On my trip I really tried to focus on getting some more classic titles other than just what is popular now. For my birthday my mother bought me Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell and I fell in love with it. I wouldn't have bought the book myself so I wondered if I was missing out on other classics as well!


     So, while browsing I came across One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and was immediately intrigued. I really did enjoy the book but it was rather confusing. The overall feel of the book is seeing through the eyes of one of the patients and we get to hear his take on all the shenanigans that take place after a newbie comes on the ward. Being as the main character is a patient himself his mind seems to wonder quite a lot and has many hallucinations which was really confusing to me at first. But, overall I think it is a very entertaining book.
     When my mother told me that they had made a movie from the book in the 70's and that Jack Nicholson plays one of the characters I knew I would have to see it soon! Jack Nicholson is one of my hubbies and mine favorite actors. He plays the newbie in the book that totally disrupts everyone's scheduled life on the ward. He tries to "crack" the horrible Nurse Ratched and make her see that they are people and not just her little pawns. A must see for us!


     I know this is very out of date and will probably be extremely hard to find the movie now a days but, if you're in the mood to read something a little different I definitely recommend picking up this book. A very easy read and extremely entertaining!

Happy reading!


                                                                            --Dana
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home