This Page

has been moved to new address

LOTD (Lunch Of The Day)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
This Silly Girl's Life: LOTD (Lunch Of The Day)

Friday, August 17, 2012

LOTD (Lunch Of The Day)

     I know I mentioned in my previous post that cooking is one of my interests but I think that was a bit of an understatement. I LOVE to cook. I cook pretty much every single meal my husband and I eat.
I went to college and got my Culinary Arts degree from Johnson and Wales University. I was in the industry for a little over six years, mostly in management. The majority of my experience was in one company and I traveled with them and that is how I actually got to be settled here in Jacksonville. While in the industry I really didn't cook much at home, but now I get to be able to do that as much as I want!
      I would like to add this segment to my blogs, meals that I have cooked during the day that I think are good enough to post about! By no means am I a "Master" Chef but I think I know a thing of two.
Today I had an extremely simple pasta dish:


I hardly ever use measurement, I just go by feel so I will give the recipe as close as I can:


Ingredients:
1 ea           tomato, medium
1 ea           garlic clove
1 ea           green onion
1 Tbls.       butter
1/2 Cup     pinot grigio or any other dry white wine
1/4 Cup     boxed chicken stock
1/4 Cup     whole milk
1/4 Lbs      angel hair pasta (1/4 of the box)
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Medium dice the tomato, set aside. Finely chop the garlic, set aside. Finely chop the green onion, set aside. Heat medium sauce pot on medium temperature and  add butter and garlic. Saute garlic until fragrant but not dark. Add tomatoes and half of the green onions. Cook until tomato is warmed about 2 minutes. Add wine to pan ( if using gas stove remove sauce pan from heat while adding wine) Let cook for a few minutes to release all the alcohol then add the stock and milk. Season with Salt and Pepper. Let simmer on stove until reduced by half. While waiting for sauce to reduce add you pasta to boiling salted water. Cook until just under al dente, for me that was 4 minutes. Then add pasta directly to the sauce. Continue cooking the pasta in the sauce for about 1 minute, you will want to use tongs to stir the pasta. When there is just a little sauce left in the pan you are ready to plate. I garnished mine with the remaining green onions. Also, if you like a more fresh taste instead of the cooked tomatoes you can add them in just at the end. I topped mine off with a little parmigiana cheese as well.

     This recipe was just for myself so it only makes one serving. Can be easily converted to fit more people. This is similar to my Shrimp Scampi recipe... I bet you can't wait until I make that! Hope you enjoyed this post! Talk to you soon!


--Dana



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home